Q) How to know about the events conducted by various schools ?
In the technoVIT’17 website, there are four links
1. Techfest of VIT University Chennai Campus : Displays information about the fest. If you click on every fest you will have the formal and informal event posters.
2. Event Calendar : If you click on this link, you will come to know the events conducted by various schools daywise along with the venue details as a pdf.
3. School wise events : If you click on the school wise events, then you will be redirected to a page with excel sheets of all schools with complete contact information
4. School Posters : Displays the posters of every school
Q) Where is the contact information for various events ?
You can find in the school wise events page itself.
Q) What is the payment procedure?
1. In the technoVIT website, there is a registration tab which redirects you to an online registration portal called eventz’e
2. you can create your account and register for any number of events or workshops and can also order t-shirts.
3. Once you confirm, you will be redirected to payment portal page where you can pay the registration fee. Also, you can head towards the registration desk and pay the total amount and get the verification.
4. An Invoice will be sent to your email id with which you can use to participate in the respective event(s)/workshop(s).
Q) What is the transportation facility provided by/near the VIT Chennai Campus?
Participants are requested to make use of their own transport services. But if there are more than 50 students from a single institution, options might be arranged for transportation. from Vandaloor to VIT University Shuttle Services wold be available on all three days in the morning.
Q) What is the accommodation procedure?
When a participant needs accommodation, they need to plan well in advance and inform the event coordinators(refer the website for the event pages) about their duration of stay. However if there are more than 25 registrations from any institution as a whole, they would be given free accommodation provided if the event coordinator is informed already.
Q) What are the accommodation charges and does that include food facilities too?
Accommodation is will be given on nominal charge. We have wonderful food facilities inside the campus with North Indian and South Indian varieties.
Q) What should I do after coming to the VITC Campus?
As soon as you reach the campus, head towards the registration desk located at the Academic Block-1 front entrance and verify with your event and payment details.
Q) Do I need to carry my university ID card?
Carrying of official college issued Identity Card is mandatory for all personnel visiting the campus for technoVIT16. The ID is also required for desk registrations for all events.
Q) Are there any ATMs within/nearby the campus?
There are two ATMs available in the campus premises, one near the Campus Health Center(Karyur Vaysar Bank) and the other located near VMart Convenience Store(Indian Bank). Axis Bank and HDFC Bank ATMs are also located within 50 meters outside campus premises.
Q) Is there any health center inside the university campus?
A health center with emergency facilities and ambulance service is available 24x7 inside the campus.
Q) What if I make a mistake while filling my details on the online registration portal?
You will have to contact the admin for the changes that you want to make in your profile before your event/workshop starts. You can also do that at the time of making the payment at the registration desk.